Become an Organizational Member of ACGC
There are many benefits to becoming an organizational member of ACGC.
- Receive ACGC’s bi-weekly e-bulletin and have the opportunity to submit your organizational events and updates;
- Receive ACGC’s quarterly Connect newsletter and participate in the quarterly member update webinar
- Share organizational resources with Educators through the ACGC Teach and at Teachers’ Conventions;
- Showcase organizational profile on the ACGC website, ACGC publications, displays, campaigns and public engagement events throughout Alberta
- Receive timely information from partners and various levels of government, including updates from Global Affairs Canada
Policy and Advocacy
- Be represented on policy issues to the municipal, provincial, and federal governments, including Global Affairs Canada;
- Be represented and participate in discussions with the Inter-Council Network (ICN) and the Canadian Council for International Cooperation (CCIC);
- Participate in round-table discussions, consultations, surveys and in the development of position papers on pressing policy issues
- Participate in capacity building workshops and public engagement events, with FREE registration or member discount;
- Network and build relationships with individuals and organizations within and outside of the sector;
- Mentor, learn or partner with other organizations within the sector;
- Participate and vote in ACGC’s Annual General Meeting and bring forward motions of interest;
- Vote and run for a position on the Board;
- Participate on and chair ACGC committees;
- Access tools, resources and sample policies;
- Borrow ACGC equipment and office space (e.g. LCD projector, easels, catering supplies, art supplies);
- Request letters of support for campaigns and grant applications
ACGC works to develop the capacity of Albertan organizations through a variety of means, and recognizes that organizations have different capabilities and different needs. When becoming a member, you have the option of a 1-year or 3-year membership, and the fees are based on the sliding scale below. By choosing a 3-year membership, you will receive a 15% discount and be exempt from any membership fee increases for the duration of your membership term.
If you are considering applying for a membership and the membership fee is an obstacle for your organization, please contact ACGC and we will work to find a solution together.
|Annual Budget||Fees for 1 Year||Fees for 3 Years|
|Less than $100,000||$125||$318|
|Between $100,000 and $500,000||$300||$765|
Membership fees for the upcoming fiscal year (April 1 – March 31) are due on April 1st of each year. ACGC gladly welcomes members at any time throughout the year and can determine prorated membership fees. You can now either pay online (below) or via cheque. Contact email@example.com or 780 988 0200 to arrange payment.
Pay Fees Online with Paypal
First, complete your membership form by filling out the online membership form. This will ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date information on your organization, including with whom we should be communicating, and any changes to your organization’s mandate or structure.
Second, make your payment by mailing us a cheque or by paying through Paypal below: