- About Us
- News & Media
Alberta Council for Global Cooperation
Suite 205, 10816A - 82 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6E 2B3
Phone: (780) 988-0200
Fax: (780) 988-0211
Members of the Council pursue these goals through supporting global citizenship programs and participatory projects with international partners.
The Council’s goal is to support the work of its members through networking, leadership, information sharing, training and coordination, and represents their interests when dealing with government and others. The objectives of the Council are to promote and mobilize greater Albertan participation in assisting international development.
The objectives are to be achieved in the following ways:
- to consistently reflect in all ACGC policies, activities and services, the principal philosophies embodied in the Council’s Mission and Development Principles;
- to facilitate effective member networking and capacity building both internationally and domestically;
- to coordinate and support members’ activities in an effective manner;
- to provide leadership on issues of concern to members;
- to provide members with relevant and effective services;
- to be an effective advocate and representative to government agencies and the public for international development concerns on behalf of the membership and to keep member organizations informed as to important shifts in Canadian foreign policy.