- About Us
- News & Media
- For Educators and Youth
Alberta Council for Global Cooperation
Suite 205, 10816A - 82 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6E 2B3
Phone: (780) 988-0200
Fax: (780) 988-0211
Young people are changing the world! Extraordinary young people are engaging themselves and others in the fight for a more just and sustainable future for everyone. ACGC wants to find these youth and share their stories with all Albertans!
ACGC is looking for Albertan youth and global youth affiliated with our member organizations to participate in the creation of a magazine that will feature thirty dedicated young people who are making a difference locally and globally. This magazine will be widely distributed during International Development Week taking place from February 2-8, 2014, and is an amazing opportunity to support and showcase the phenomenal work young people are doing. This year’s theme is “We are Making a Difference".
Nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Nominees are 13 – 30 years of age as of March 31, 2014.
- Nominees have played an active role in making a positive difference and are models of civic engagement globally and / or within their local communities.
- Nominees must be currently residing in Alberta or be affiliated with the ACGC membership abroad.
- Youth must be willing to participate in the creation of a magazine in both paper and online formats, where their information and picture will be displayed to the general public.
- Nominees must be able to be reached (in the country or otherwise accessible)
All nominations must be received before midnight on Friday December 13, 2013. Youth will be selected by a committee consisting of individuals from the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation membership.
ACGC received incredible nominations from all over the world. The magazine highlights the Top 30 youth from Alberta and the Global South who are actively making positive change in their communities, locally and globally. ACGC hopes that by sharing the stories of the youth, Albertans will be inspired to take action on issues they’re passionate about.