The Spur Change program is a 5-year initiative, funded by Global Affairs Canada, aiming to increase the effectiveness of Canadian small and medium organizations (SMOs) to deliver sustainable results in support of the Feminist International Assistance Policy and the Sustainable Development Goals. This webinar will introduce the Spur Change Program.
SMOs should expect to learn about:
- Program objectives and deliverables
- Eligibility criteria for participating in Spur Change programming
- Type of planned programming for SMOs
- Programming for schools (students / educators) and youth, and how SMOs can contribute and benefit from it
- Upcoming events – conference, trainings and workshops
- Opportunities and mechanisms available to SMOs to share their needs and inform programming
- Contact information
The webinar was presented by:
Sara Michel, Manager of the Education Programmes
Leah Ettarh, Executive Director – ACGC
It will last one hour, and will include a Question & Answer period. In order to answer as many questions most efficiently we encourage participants to send their questions ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spur Change Program Information
The SPUR Change capacity-building program is part of a 5-year pilot initiative for Small and Medium Organizations for Impact and Innovation announced by the Minister of International Cooperation, in May 2017. The initiative consists of three windows:
- The Fund for Development Impact (up to $76 million) funds thematic programming by SMOs through calls for proposals led by Global Affairs Canada. A preliminary call for proposals was launched in November 2017. Twenty one organizations received funding. A second call for concept notes closed in July 2019.
- The Fund for Innovation and Transformation (up to $18 million) invests in innovative and effective solutions which have the potential to increase impact. The deadline for the first call for concepts was July 22, 2019. This window is managed by the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation on behalf of the Inter-Council Network of the Provincial and Regional Councils for International Cooperation (ICN).
- The Spur Change program, which is managed by the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC) on behalf of the ICN.
Program undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada.