Join The Alberta SDG Hub
ACGC is pleased to announce the call for applications for its Alberta SDG Hub project! This is a space for young Albertans between the ages of 18 and 24 to connect with other young people and mentors from our vast network. We are on a mission to train and engage the next cohort of young leaders who are working towards building a fair, equal and prosperous Alberta.
We’re looking for young adults around the province who want to build an Alberta that leaves no one behind.
- Do you want to take action to improve your global and local communities?
- Would you like to get connected in a vast network of globally-minded organizations across Alberta and the world?
- Are you looking for mentors to support you in your journey into the social justice field?
- Do you have a community project idea that you want to get started on?
- Would you like to meet other young adults who are also passionate about international development?
- Do you want to learn more about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
What are the Sustainable Goals?
In 2015, 193 countries, including Canada, adopted the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which outlines 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aimed at ending extreme poverty, reducing inequality, and combating climate change, to name a few. These goals have a universal mandate, and Canadians, including young Canadians, have a responsibility to support the achievement of the SDGs within Canada and abroad. The Hub was created solely for this purpose.
This is a space for young Albertan residents to meet and engage in a meaningful dialogue, collaborate, and take action in their communities on issues they are passionate about. The youth will also have a chance to develop personal and employment-related skills, learn from mentors, and increase their awareness of the benefit of serving their communities.
Want to apply?
Great! We’d love to have you. But first, let’s talk eligibility. To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Be current residents of Alberta
- Submit a completed application (see below)
- Commit to a minimum of 60 hours of volunteer service over a minimum of 4 months
- Participate in monthly program meetings (online/phone is acceptable)
- Be available between November 22-23 2019 for a training weekend in Edmonton
Deadline: You must apply by Sunday, October 26th, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nothing! All participation costs for this program are covered by ACGC, including travel, accommodation, and food during the training weekends. A small stipend is available to help youth carry out service projects.
Information about the training weekend will be communicated to successful applicants.
The Hub is a great opportunity to build your skills and knowledge on the SDGs and contribute to your organization’s mission at the same time! ACGC will work with you and your organization to help you maximize your impact. We’re here to set you up for success.
Of course! If you want to apply along with a friend, each person must fill out an application. At the bottom of the form, please indicate the friend you’re applying with.
Don’t forget! The deadline to submit your application is Sunday, October 26th, 2019.
See Previous Years of The Hub
ACGC’s SDG Hub launched in May to engage youth in serving their communities through the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030. We had a lot of fun with our first cohort: check out what last year looked like in the link below.