Website Alberta Council for Global Cooperation
FULL TIME POSITION (37.5 hours per week)
The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC) is currently seeking a Financial and Administrative Officer to ensure the financial records of the Council are maintained and all issues related to payroll, time sheets, and funder reporting are undertaken in an accurate and timely manner. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
POSITION TITLE: Financial and Administrative Officer
POSITION TYPE: Full time, permanent
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday May 31, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Director of ACGC, the Financial and Administrative Officer will oversee the accounting and a portion of the administrative operations of ACGC. The Financial and Administrative Officer will be responsible for financial activities, including budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation and reporting statements of financial position, and on an ongoing basis, will oversee accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, and tax compliance, and will assist with timesheets, payroll.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ accounting experience in financial reporting and budgeting and in a non-profit organization;
- Possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Other preferred qualifications:
- Have CPA designation, or pursuing a CPA, or equivalent experiences;
- Experience with Quickbooks and fund accounting is considered an asset;
- Experience working on government funded projects is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of international development organizations;
- Knowledge of the Canadian NGO community, funding, and government policies, Results Based Management, and Performance Measurement Framework;
- Experience developing accounting policies and procedures;
- Exposure to Ceridian payroll is an asset;
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare full-cycle accounting activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, monitoring general ledgers, and maintaining period-end adjusting entries;
- Develop accurate financial statements and reports and maintain ACGC accounts in accordance
with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Prepare financial reports for Global Affairs Canada and ACGC board of directors as requested;
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with external auditors as
- Administer, and process the organization’s payroll in a timely manner;
- Enhance internal control by closely monitoring payments, payroll process, and ensuring required back-up documents are in place;
- Maintain accurate and organized files for the Finance Department;
- Plan and coordinate logistics for meetings of the Treasurer and Finance Committee.
- Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, reimbursements, and other financial records.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
Salary Range: $56,500 to $61,157 annually with health and RRSP benefits
Application deadline: Friday May 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM
This position will report directly to the Executive Director and it is envisioned that the position will be based at the ACGC office in Edmonton.
ACGC is strongly committed to diversity within its community, and especially welcomes applications from who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas in the workplace, including visible minority group members, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of under-represented gender and sexual orientation groups.
To apply: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, résumé, and the names of two references to email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC)
The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC) is a coalition of voluntary sector organizations located in Alberta, working locally and globally to achieve sustainable human development. We are committed to international cooperation that is people-centered, democratic, just, inclusive, and respectful of the environment and indigenous cultures. We work towards ending poverty and achieving a peaceful and healthy world, with dignity and full participation for all.
For more information about ACGC please visit www.acgc.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.