International Development Week (IDW) is an opportunity to explore how Canada and Canadians are making a difference around the world!
For 27 years, IDW has taken place during the first full week of February. This year, it will take place from February 5-11th, 2017 and you are invited to be part of the celebration. Throughout the week you are encouraged to learn more about international development, become engaged, and share your experiences with friends, family, colleagues and your community.
The week’s events are supported by Global Affairs Canada.
Check out the following ACGC events!
- ACGC Top 30 Under 30 Magazine Launch. Join us for an evening celebrating this year’s Top 30 Under 30 . With special guests from Global Affairs Canada, and UNESCO. Tuesday, February 7th, 5:30-7:30pm. Bow Valley College, Calgary.
- ACGC’s Top 30 Under 30 Magazine: Launched online Feburary 6th! Get a printed copy at our launch or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org!
- ACGC’s I-Week Youth Day: Friday, February 3rd, 9am-3pm, Telus Center, University of Alberta
- Transitioning to Sustainble Livelihoods: Wednesday, February 1st 1pm. Rutherford Library South 203. Join us as we pilot a new online app which demonstrates the decisions youth in Ghana must make when starting a business! See I-Week Schedule. This project is in partnership with Eqwip Hubs!
Member events at International Week – University of Alberta
- University of Alberta’s International Week 2017: January 30th-February 5th
- Photo Gallery Opening Reception Challenge & Change: A Global Movement Towards Justice Development. Monday, January 30th. 5:00 – 6:50 pm Cameron Library,1st Floor, Science and Technology Library and Peace, University of Alberta. See I-Week Schedule.
- Approaches to Development: Solutions to the Global Water Crisis. Monday, January 30th, 1-1:50pm. Telus Center 131. CAWST. See I-Week Schedule
- Transforming Global Citizenship to a Decolonizing Future. Wednesday, Feb 1st. 12-12:50. CGCER
- Music for a Better World: Thursday, February 2nd, Edmonton. Enjoy melodies from around the world. Free admission, donations appreciated.
- Returning to our as a Peace-building Nation: Thursday, February 2nd, 11-12:20. Telus Center. John Humphrey Center.
- International Education Student Symposium. Friday, Feb 3rd, 8:30am-4:30pm. CGCER
Member International Development Week Events
- Opening Ceremony: International Development Week, University of Calgary, with Guest speaker, Janice Eisenhaur, Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan
- Grow Hope: A concert with Matt Epp. Friday, February 3rd, 6:30pm, refreshments. 7:15 concert. Calgary, AB. Fundraising concert for MCC’s Grow Hope projects.
- Walking in Partnership Dinner. Fri. Feb 10th. Edmonton. Keynote: Lewis Cardinal. Music: Latin American sounds from Elizabeth Araya and Jamie Calderon. In support of Sombrilla.
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Technical and Vocational Training Workshop: Feb 708. Bow Valley College. Registration open!
- International Development Week: Bow Valley College: Lunch and Learns, climate justice talk, and more!
For more information, contact our 2017 International Development Week Coordinator at email@example.com