Building Equity | Fundraising Workshop: Edmonton
to June 3, 2023 4:00 pm
Skills Society 10408 124 Street #203 Edmonton, AB T5N 1R5
The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC), Spur Change, and our partners in the Inter-Council Network are pleased to offer to small and medium organizations (SMOs) working in international cooperation the training series: Building Equity: Resource Mobilization for Impact.
Join us for a dynamic, interactive workshop on fundraising for SMOs taking place in-person on June 3 in Edmonton. Participants from across Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories are welcome to attend. Limited spaces and travel subsidies are available (more info below).
This workshop will gather together organizations for an in-person day of peer learning, reflection and discussion. This one day event will include discussions of: trends and opportunities in fundraising, equity-centred fundraising principles and provide the opportunity for guided peer feedback on draft fundraising strategies.
The goal of this workshop is to build participants’ knowledge of and capacity to effectively and ethically respond to critical trends and approaches in fundraising strategies, including the integration of equity-centred fundraising principles. This workshop will complement the online Units 1-3 of the Building Equity course offered by Spur Change, which incorporates Change the Game Academy and Canadian contextual information. All materials from past units are available online, for free and without registration, here.
By the end of the session, you’ll have a better understanding of how to:
- Evaluate sample fundraising strategies to identify critical ethical and success elements;
- Examine and adjust your strategies and practices to emerging issues, trends, and peer feedback;
- Integrate equity-centred fundraising principles and practices into your strategies and practices;
- Identify next steps and resources to support execution of your strategy.
Do note: it is not mandatory to have completed Units 1-3 to attend this workshop, though it is recommended. Provided you arrive at the workshop with a fundraising strategy in hand (either based on the provided template or your own format), you will leave the workshop with the beginnings of a revised and well-equipped fundraising plan for your organization.
- June 3 from 9am to 4pm in Edmonton, AB. Venue to be announced.
- 1-day workshop facilitated by JN Clarke Consulting centered on peer discussion. A portion of the day will be dedicated to working in groups on the fundraising strategy plan you bring to the workshop;
- Lunch will be provided.