Equal Access to Justice for Women in Honduras – Calgary Event
Calgary Unitarian Church 1703 1st Street NW
Sombrilla is hosting a public event to share the learnings of our gender-based violence testing project with the Calgary community:
Join us for an open discussion and networking opportunity to learn more about our experience working with the Hondura’s Justice System and effective strategies to support gender-based violence survivors.
Karla Marquez, our project’s lawyer based in Honduras, was selected as one of the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation’s (ACGC) Top 30 under 30 for her role in the Access to Justice for Women in Honduras project. She is coming to Edmonton to share the project’s learnings and results with a wider audience and connect with local organizations working in international development.
The objective of this event includes:
- Inspire and engage youth in efforts to promote access to justice for women in Honduras and
- Share the project’s learnings with international development organizations and explore opportunities for collaboration.
- Build relationships with various organizations to strengthen our project’s impact and sustainability.
- Raise awareness among the general public about the challenges faced by women in accessing justice in Honduras
- Inspire people to support initiatives that address these challenges
- Share effective strategies from our project with organizations supporting survivors of gender-based violence to strengthen our collective efforts
When – June 6th, Doors 7 PM,, Presentation at 7:30 PM
Where – Calgary Unitarian Church 1703 1st Street NW
Cost-free but please RSVP
Appetizers will be served.