Research Assistants – African Diaspora Nonprofit Network (ADNN)
The Youth Beyond the Decade is part of Impact Labs, a national program with remote teams geographically dispersed throughout Canada by the African Diaspora Non-profit Network. It is a highly innovative and collaborative environment committed to transforming African diaspora communities through the promotion and adoption of tailored methodologies for mental health. It is a unique program infused with social-emotional learning and tailored enhancement roadmap for people of African descent. Our researchers will collaborate across Canada to implement and manage programs to create awareness and produce psychotherapeutic methodologies and activities to celebrate the closing of the International Decade for people of African descent in 2024 to position them for a flourishing future. The researchers will assist the teams to provide knowledge on evidence-based research including evaluation tools they can develop and implement.
- Collaborate with the program director of the Youth Beyond the Decade
- Guide and support youth teams in the program regarding research processes, with feedback and formative assessment.
- Support the collection of qualitative data by youth teams be it key informant interviews or focus groups when needed.
- Develop project workplans that include research designs, participants, data elements, measurement tools, and deliverables.
- Oversee the development of project deliverables by participating in storyboarding sessions, creating outlines, and reviewing drafts
- Degree or graduate student in psychology, social sciences, or any other related field is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to create a team and work collaboratively with other team members.
- Skilled in program evaluation; experience evaluating programs.
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis.
- Strong leadership skills; experience leading projects or people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis tools such as SurveyMonkey, SAS etc.,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with Cognitive Restructuring is an asset.
- Being of African-Diaspora heritage is an advantage.
- French is an asset not a requirement.
Email resume to email@example.com