Who are Albertan Youth leading on sustainability?
About Top 30 Under 30
The Top 30 Under 30 magazine is an annual publication by the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation featuring 30 outstanding young people, nominated by their community and selected by a committee of peers, for their commendable work in making the world a more just, fair, and sustainable place for all.
For 8 years, The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation has been honoured to publish the stories of amazing young people from Alberta, as well as those working with our member organizations abroad, and we look forward to doing so again soon.
Nominate a Youth
Nominations for the 2020 Top 30 Under 30 will open in the fall. Please check back soon to submit. Top 30 Under 30 celebrations with the youth take place during the first week of February, capturing the momentum and excitement surrounding International Development Week.
Nominations for the Top 30 Under 30 award open each year just following Thanksgiving (mid-October). Please check back at that time for the nomination form!
While eligibility criteria remain the same, the questions posed to nominators change each year to align with the theme of Canada’s International Development Week. Read more about International Development Week.
The selection committee selects the candidates based on overarching guiding questions, which includes as a basis:
- Is the nominee a global citizen?
- Is the nominee a leader or role model for others in their communit(ies)?
- Is the nominee taking action on social justice issues?
- Is the nominee making a contribution towards achieving the SDGs?
- Does the nominee demonstrate commitment to gender equality (2019 theme)?
- Using an intersectional lens, does the nominee reflect the rich diversity that is within our communit(ies)?
View Previous Editions of the Top 30 Under 30
To view the stories of these youth, download the magazines below: